TPB506TA Australian Taxation Law for Tax Agents
Course overviewAll Australian financial services licensees and representatives who provide tax agent services for a fee or other reward must be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
Our course in Taxation Law covers the requirements in Australian taxation law that is approved by the Board for tax agents seeking registration.
This course covers the following areas of knowledge:
• Explain the consequences of not providing a Tax File Number (TFN);
• Identify the different income tax components;
• Explain how deductions may reduce taxable income;
• Calculate income tax liabilities;
• List and explain various tax offsets and rebates available to Australian taxpayers;
• Explain Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and how it applies to capital gains and losses;
• List the CGT concessions for small business;
• Explain the Goods and Services Tax;
• Explain the Medicare Levy and surcharge;
• Explain the Fringe Benefits Tax;
• List different types of gearing and explain their benefits.
The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) requires that at least 40% of the assessment for the entire course should be undertaken under independent supervision. The following people are some who are considered as “Independent Supervisors”:
• examination officers of universities
• TAFE or registered training organisation
• ministers of religion
• police officers
• lecturers, teachers, school principals or deputy principals
• justices of the peace
• commissioners of declarations, or
• a person who is currently licensed or registered under a law of a state or territory to practise in one of the occupations listed here.
The following are not considered “Independent Supervisors”:
• family member
• someone with a close personal or professional relationship (i.e., business partner) with the individual undertaking the assessment
More information on TPB requirements are available at www.tpb.gov.au.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS:
For the online delivery option, you will need to have access to a computer with an internet connection.
Your enrolment is valid for a period of twelve months.
2 x Online multi-choice assessments
2 x Online short answer assessments (must be done under supervision)
1 x Declaration of Independent Supervision
1 x Written assessment
CPD Hours - 4
FASEA CPD Hours:
- Technical Competence: 3.5 hours
- Regulatory Compliance and Consumer Protection: 0.25 hour
- Professionalism and Ethics: 0.25 hour